The University offers a comprehensive benefit programs which support, supplement, and enhance its employees overall well being. Rutgers University-Newark affords the community gainful employment, with competitive salaries, and comprehensive State and non-State benefit package.
Eligibility varies depending upon individual employment status.
New Employee Orientation
Congratulations on your new career at Rutgers University-Newark. Where Opportunity Meets Excellence!
Learn more about our University’s mission, values, and culture during our New Employee Orientation.
In some instances employees may require assistance with changes to benefit elections due to life events or update of employment status. Guidance and information concerning circumstances involving personal or professional life events.
Each academic term, Rutgers University employees and their dependents may qualify for educational benefits based on employment eligibility. This benefit allows employees Tuition Remission upon establishing and meeting eligibility requirements.
New Jersey Division of Pension &Benefits (NJDPB) offers a tool to help employees calculate the monthly medical premium and identify which Health Plan works best for their budget.
Rutgers employees may be eligible for parking benefits. Information regarding Parking Access for faculty or staff on campus are available through Rutgers University Department of Transportation.
Employee Wellness and Wellbeing
A compilation of resources to promote wellness, wellbeing, and support both work and/or personal life of Rutgers University-Newark employees.
In addition to the above resources the RU-N community have access to local campus resources.
The following resources are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
- Counseling Center: 973-353-5805
- NJ Suicide Prevention Hopeline: 855-654-6735
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: 800-273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: Text HELLO to 741741; if you would like to speak directly with a counselor of color you can text STEVE to 741741
- RUPD: To reach RUPD while on campus, dial 9-1-1
If there is an emergency situation, dial 9-1-1.
For additional support, Rutgers University-Newark has these virtual and in-person student resources which are also available to RU-N staff and faculty:
- Virtual, confidential therapy including psychological, psychiatric, and alcohol/drug support
- For appointments, call 973.353.5805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Daily Drop: Virtual drop-in appointments available daily. Call for information
- Hours of operation: M-Fri, 8:30am to 4:30pm. *Later appointments available daily; after-hours support available for students in crisis
Violence Prevention and Victim Assistance (VPVA)
Confidential services for any student who has experienced violence or wants to support a friend or loved one who has Advocacy, resources, and clinical supports available from licensed therapists providing trauma-informed care
To schedule a virtual appointment or learn more, call 973-353-1918 or email email@example.com